- Adobe XD
- Visual Studio Code
- Make it easier for younger generations and underprivileged groups to get started with personal savings & investing (outside of any employer 401K plans).
- Decrease the wealth gap by encouraging and promoting long-term wealth-building strategies that are not always accessible to everyone.
- Make the stock market and investing less intimidating by breaking down some of the most important concepts into manageable, easily understandable portions.
- Endorse tools (mobile apps) that will be recognizable, free (or extremely inexpensive), and user-friendly for today's smart phone users (almost everyone).
- Ensure the informative content and process for beginning to invest takes as little of the users time as possible.
- Host a React website and connect it to search engines via various available tools.
- In 2020, I began educating myself about the stock market through reading books and articles. At the same time, I was trying to learn React JS to increase my job skills. Due to the widespread misconceptions about the stock market among the general population, I drew up the idea for this project.
- First, I created my goals lists. Then, I did some market research to make sure I wasn't creating a website that already exists. What I found is that most similar online content were just written articles. None of the sources that I found accomplished all the high-level and specific goals that I had for MySavei.
- Next, I planned the user flow. I kept it simple and prioritized the speed of the user's journey. The less time it takes, the more likely the user is to actually open their own investment account.
- I began the design process. Initially, I made some sketches based on various internet sourced inspiration. Then I made some basic high-fidelity wire frames. Following these, I went through many rounds of brand-specific designs. I had chosen to focus the colors around green (money), yellow/orange/copper (coins), and purple (power). You can see some of the design mocks that I phased through in the images further down this page.
- I started developing the website during the second phase of the UI design. When I (asked for and) received some great constructive feedback about my design, I decided to explore other options. I pivoted on the design and eventually came up with the design I have now. Currently, the site is still in the development process, but is very close to being in its final form.